Thursday, December 17, 2009

Weary and Tired

I have to be honest with you all.  I need a huge break from the stresses of life.  I really wish I could just hide away for a while.  Not that anything bad is happening or has happened, but I am just weary.  Weary from work, school, etc....

Why do I get so weary?  I'm not sure really, I just go through these phases where I feel weak and don't really care about anything.  Deep inside I do care, but mentally and outwardly I just don't feel like exerting the effort it takes to care on a daily basis.  I know what your thinking, "Your going into the ministry, you shouldn't have those thoughts!"  I hate to break it to you, but this is reality.  Why do you think ministers fail on a regular basis?  Why are so many falling to immorality, to drugs, to alcohol and to other sinful activities?  Because they are weary too!  Thats no excuse I know, but we all get weary- regardless of occupation or calling, age, race, creed....you get the point.  These men of faith are no different than you and I except in one way: they feel they have no recourse in venting the feelings of weariness that are bringing them down.  Remember the next time your having "roast preacher" for Sunday lunch that he may be more weary than you are.  Cut him some slack.  He needs it.  And so do we all.

As for me, (I can't believe I am saying this) I am ready for Spring. 

Who said that? 

Yeah, it was me.  Mister I love winter and colder weather.  Honestly, it isn't the weather I'm sick of this time.  It is not having anything constructive to do at work.  That makes my weary feelings more intense.  I wish I could have the weather of now, but the work of July.  But, alas it is not to be.  For now, I will have to settle for being weary and just trudge through until things get better in my mind.  Maybe the holidays and the four day weekend coming up will help that weary feeling.  I hope so anyway.  Until then, Grace and Peace.

2 comments:

  1. At least you have what it takes to say you are weary when all the rest of us just keep it to ourselves and blow up when you just can't take anymore pressure and I believe that what happens to preachers and lay people alike they hear the Lords voice but just turn it off and go our merry way and never even think about what will hapen when we choose not to listen to that still small voice or that one that is so loud you think the person next to you could hear it but keep in mind this to shall pass just keep on going and know that you are loved by the Lord and so many more. PDPS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember also that it could be a spiritual attack. Satan's fiery darts are aiming for your heart. Cling to Jesus and stay in the fight!

    ReplyDelete